Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 1: Picture of Yourself+15 Facts


[FIFTEEN FACTS]
1.) I'm crazy, yet, I can also be crazy shy...though I'm certain most of my friends and family would quickly disagree on the latter. At any rate, I love spending time with my friends and "going bananas" and creating lifelong memories!
2.) I love to travel. No matter the distance or the reason, as long as I am traveling I am happy. I have been fortunate enough to travel to several countries in Europe as well as live in the Czech Republic for 5 months during a semester studying abroad. I strongly believe that traveling to other countries, or even states, that differ culturally from what a person is accustomed to enhances our ability to appreciate our own culture as well as those around around us.
3.) I'm a AVID hockey fan. I love it. I have season tickets to the Nashville Predators even though I cannot attend most games not that I live in Chicago. However, I try to plan my trips home accordingly. ;) You might be curious as to how a girl from TN became such a huge hockey fan. My dad played at Michigan State. Enough said.
4.) Writing is my passion. I want to shape my future career around writing, whether it be writing for a magazine, a newspaper, greeting card haha...anything to do with writing. Or perhaps a career that allows me to have time for writing my own personal essays. After all, nonfiction is my preferred genre. And this also goes hand in hand with traveling. I am more inspired when traveling than anything else.
5.) I am a proud member of Kappa Delta Sorority. I joined as a freshman in college and still love to tell people of all the exciting things a sorority has given me. I marvel in the fact that I have a special bond with thousands of women all over the country. But none will ever be as special as my Gamma Xi girls! <3AOT
6.) My bachelor's degree is in English-Creative Writing and I am currently working on my Master's degree which will be in Writing and Publishing. If I survive Graduate School.
7.) 80s movies are the best. The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Pretty In Pink, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, Back to The Future (all 3)....the list is endless. I love them all. If you have a favorite let me know cause if I haven't seen it I will check it out.
8.) 80s music is also pretty amazing. I like 90s music as well. To be completely honest, my taste in music is very eclectic. I have a weakness for Eminem and I'm currently on a Florence+The Machine kick. Once again, who's your favorite? I'm always up for new tunes.
9.) I have two older sisters. Both of which I fought with many times while growing up. I of course won every time. But now we fight a lot less and actually enjoy each other's company. We are best friends and I wouldn't have it any other way.
10.) My taste in beer differs from most people I know. After living in Prague I acquired a taste for strong beer. Czech, German, Irish...I prefer heavy imports. However, my new-found favorite is brewed in Boston. Harpoon UFO Raspberry. Simply delicious! :)
11.) I also enjoy reading. I can't pick a favorite book though because there's just too many great ones. Once again, have any good reads? I'll look into them!
12.) My friends are my world! Old ones, new ones, related ones, lost ones. Every friend I've ever had has made an impact on my life. Without them, I wouldn't have all the great memories that I have or make the ones I know we'll make in the future.
13.) I have a strange obsession with the Holocaust. I am a firm believer that we must fully educate ourselves on the mistakes from our past in order to prevent them from repeating. It was a horrible thing, unimaginable really. But knowledge is the only thing that can help us learn. History cannot repeat itself. We cannot let it.
14.) I switched school in Jr high to play soccer. I love the sport. But I gave it up after my freshman yr of college. It wasn't fun for me anymore and my grades were too important to me so I gave it up. I miss it everyday. Every single day.
15.) I lack self-confidence when it comes to my ability to succeed in a writing career. This is something that can destroy my future in such a field because confidence is key.
Believe it or not this was somewhat hard. Which is why some of the facts are random. But, facts nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment